home about me diy tutorials

September 4, 2009

Good Stuff in Austin for Labor Day

I'm actually impressed that for once there's something very awesome going on this Labor Day weekend in Austin. Well, events that I'm actually aware of before hand...

There's the Austin Cactus and Succulent Society Fall Show and Sale. We bought the "Put up yer dukes!" cactus as their spring sale this year. We also won quite a few cacti and found some cool caudicoforms. Good stuff. I really need to join the society.

There's also the City-Wide Garage Sale. I've found some really cool linens there, an awesome formica table and chairs, some iron work for the garden, etc. I'm going there with the intention of finding decoration and odds and ends for the office that we're revamping.

Between those two shows/sales plus farmer's market and buying lumber for the office, we're going to be busy. Whoo!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend. I would love to go to those events too. I should check out what might be going on around here. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, an angel gets his wings!