home about me diy tutorials

June 13, 2013

Pink

Recently I made the bold move to paint the front door of our new house pink.  Or to be more specific "Cactus Flower" by Benjamin Moore.  I'm still not too sure of it, so I've been looking to place more pink in the landscape with the goal of color replication and logical repetition.



The plumerias have been helping out as much as they can.  Bless their little hearts.

 This one we planted in the ground after a bare-root winter in the garage, and it has impressed my husband and me tremendously with a total of 6 bloom stalks already and new branches forming.




While this one is not as floriferous as the last one, it is definitely the most pink.




And then there's the bad one that's never bloomed for us, but inspired by the success of the first, we planted it in the ground and desperately hope for blooms this year.




And while I was out taking these pictures, Momo got curious about what was happening and tried to catch a peek.  It was hilarious watching him bob around to get a good line of sight.




4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the color of your front door. I wish that I had someplace for an expanse of pink paint. The interior of the house in Royal Tennenbaums was pink and I fell in love with it. As for the plumeria, I am growing it for the first time this year. A co-worker gave me a stalk to start and it is a very vigorous grower! The leaves seem to stretch inches overnight. I can hardly wait for the blossoms. I am so glad that you are posting again. I've missed seeing new updates from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of your front door! Momo is adorable. And what a cute name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! Great color for the door. Wish plumeria would grow in my zone. it's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes a beautiful and welcoming door color. And you gotta love the name too, esp. with all the cactus blooming all over town.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, an angel gets his wings!