home about me diy tutorials

November 23, 2009

Amazing and Hilarious Bluebird Photo

I never did submit a photo for the Dave's Garden 2009 Photo Contest, but I always have to check to see who all won. I should have known that with all the bird enthusiasts with their tenacious bird-watching patience, they would pull some of the best photos. I have to give some major kudos to the second place winner in the Birds! category, David Kinneer, for his picture of a mama bluebird returning to her adolescent chick with a worm. I love this photo because it's a perfect snapshot capturing so much action and emotion and plain hilarity, and it obviously took mad photography skills and lots of patience. I am truly envious of someone being able to capture such a moment.

Reposted with the permission of the artist

You can see more of David Kinneer's work on his SmugMug account.

6 comments:

  1. What a great picture! I wish I could take photos of birds like that... I always get too nervous and miss the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic photo! The only good picture with a bird that I have is the last one in my last post. That was a very big bird! I'm sorry I'm late to submit it for a contest.Just kidding. Thank you for showing the David's picture. I will go check other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrific photo. If I tried to take an action shot like that I would get a big blur. That takes talent and a really good camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following :). I'm glad I came back for another look. This photo is GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a winning photo. I too envy photographers with the talent, patience and good equipment to compose a photo as good as this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's super perfect! TQ for posting for us to see.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, an angel gets his wings!