home about me diy tutorials

February 10, 2009

A River Runs Through It (i.e., my new sidewalk garden)


The recent rains have been very welcome, but I would have preferred if they hadn't come all at once. A lot of the rain has created a small dry river bed (formally wet) in my garden, and it sucks. Now I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures before the rain, but after a bit of even more dirt, it'll be recovered. It's tempting to fill in with rocks, but everything really needs that dirt for growth. There isn't a whole lot in there.

That's life.

Fortunately, only one side was hard hit. The over side just got a coating of sand in river-shape, but otherwise, the dirt is just underneath.



Some plants in the garden

Purple Sage:Lamb's Ear:
Iceplant (I need to look up the type):
A transplanted Purple Fountain Grass:
Loads of Daylilies (marked by little tombstones... ER! I MEAN! plastic plant markers):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, an angel gets his wings!